I can only afford one lens for my D800E....

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fearless_Photog
Senior MemberPosts: 1,250
Like?
Re: I can only afford one lens for my D800E....
In reply to sssesq, May 4, 2012

sssesq wrote:

chipmaster wrote:
TC= teleconverter and you want to put it on an the nikkor 24-70???

sssesq wrote:

You would have far better off buying a cheaper body and spending the remainder on a good lens...If I have to choose ONE lens only (for all around shooting) it would be the 24-70 2.8, with maybe a TC.

That is why I said maybe ...After spending $US2000.00 on a good lens - Only maybe. But with the 24-70 and a 1.7TC on a c-sensor body he could prob do almost as well as a 200 on the FF body. Then, when the occasion arose for a wide angle, he would have the 24 (equiv to 35 on FF).

When he money becomes available get the D800, hopefully the bugs will be worked out by then...

Hey, here is an idea, sell the D800 for 4000 on EBay and get the cropped sensor body, the TC and the 24-70 with the proceeds...

The 24-70 is not listed as compatible with any Nikon teleconverters nor are any other wide zooms, and I wouldn't attempt to use it with one. Chances are the rear element and TC lens would make contact at some point in the zoom range.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcullenphoto/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow