Feel like sitting here?

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Red13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,050
Like?
Re: Feel like sitting here?
In reply to Anisha Kaul, May 4, 2012

If improving your composition was your goal, you aced that test. I can see you walking around your subject, noticing the line leading to a quiet bench. Deciding on a the low line as a way to lead the eye directly to the subject. I liked the out of focus foreground. In the end you created a pretty good image.

As to improving. If you have access to the bench return and try the feedback ideas. As I read the suggestions, I thought some were inferior to your decisions but, one needs to test ideas.

For me, I thought the image is too busy beyond the bench. It detracts from what you want to be noticed, the bench. You might try using your lens wide open to narrow the focus plane and draw the attention to the bench. You can also blur the background in PS.

Change the name. "Feel like sitting here?" went counter to your purpose. One comment that sticks with me as I type, "how can I tell I can only see the back". For me the title while attention grabbing would indicate a more pastoral setting and it got in the way. If you have composed your art correctly, audiences will come to your sentiments without you telling them.

I enjoyed your thoughtful image and look forward to more.

Mike

Hopefully you are still monitoring this thread.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow