Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tkbslc
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,015Gear list
Like?
Cameras are ruining events.
May 4, 2012

This morning I attended a small school concert wherein my 3rd grader was performing. I tried to enjoy the show, but instead I had people constantly distracting me and getting in my way with cameras. People with large ipads were holding them up using them as video cameras. a large group of people formed at one side all standing holding DSLR cameras. People in the seated area were holding cameras above their heads to get clear shots. I wish I could say this was the first school event that was like this.

THe same thing happened at a recent rock concert which was standing room only. I couldn't see the performer, only 90 cell phones being held high.

At a dance concert for my daughter a guy literally stood in the aisle near the front taking video for 30 minutes straight, blocking the clear view of a whole group of people.

I love taking pictures and recording memories, but I feel like it is getting out of hand. We've gotten to the point where it seems more important to record experiences rather than experience them. And who cares if we disturb others trying to enjoy the show in the present, we can just watch our own recording later in peace. I am beginning to wish that cameras were banned from most events, period, regardless of size or type. Just enjoy the show and stop ruining it for others.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow