Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cogset
Senior MemberPosts: 1,155Gear list
Like?
D3 guy gets x100
May 4, 2012

So, I've been a D3 guy and got a sore neck from lugging the thing around and finally grabbed an X100 (actually I snagged a returned one, in box, for about $900). I needed an anytime/everywhere, in-my-pocket rig, great IQ and figured I'd "zoom with my feet"... and the x100 just seemed to fit the bill.

I've read Zach Arias' blog on it (huge thumbs up) and plenty of forum hot air.

I've read the pros and cons, the cons from pros, the pros from pros and the cons from people who probably never touched one. That said, I got it and this is one fun camera , with great IQ. I don't feel like I'm compromising on IQ. It's not a DSLR and that won't bother you if you don't expect it to act like one. Anyway, here are a few from my first snaps. I sort of feel like I'll never buy a 35mm lens for my FF Nikon gear, and just use the x100 instead.

Boston in Distance

Looking into the sun, ghosting it handled well

The turtled was over exposed but highlight recovery worked pretty well

Lucky to be approaching La Guardia on a nice day

-- hide signature --
 Cogset's gear list:Cogset's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow