Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,945Gear list
Like?
Re: 3 questions...
In reply to Just Having Fun, May 4, 2012

Just Having Fun wrote:

El Matadurr wrote:

As an owner of a NEX-7, I have to say your comparison seems spot on.

In other words, both cameras are amazing, in their own way.

The 10fps and better grip (not to mention tri-navi), sealed the deal for me on my camera.

So 9 fps was too slow?

Being completely serious here, yes, 9 fps is slower than 10 fps. The shots that I take require the fastest fps I can get (in a budget). Also, the N7 has a deeper buffer and a faster buffer write (by a little, but every bit helps).

I read and have seen pictures that with many lenses the NEX 7 grip becomes unusable because the lens mount is too close to the grip (no room for big fingers). Have you tried it with lenses like the 18-200?

No, I currently only use manual focus Nikkors via an adapter, so where the lens actually mounts is a little further out. I don't plan on getting the "awful" 18-200 (poking fun, it's not bad, I just will never get a super zoom). I have very long fingers, and the grip of the 7 is excellent.

I only briefly tired the tri-nav dials, but prefer the EM-5 dials (I can use them at the same time), have you tried teh E-M5? This is really subjective so I can see people preferring the NEX 7.

I have not, no, but from what I can see it doesn't look all that user friendly to me . I much prefer having seamless access to all three dials with one thumb. Again, this is my opinion.

http://matthewdurrphotography.wordpress.com

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow