Anyone check out the Pentax K01 samples?

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
igelfeld
Senior MemberPosts: 1,079
Like?
Re: About what I'd expect
In reply to CollinFX45, May 4, 2012

CollinFX45 wrote:

I looked at it (and considered it), but ultimately stayed with m4/3. I do applaud Pentax for keeping the K-mount lens compatibility; they instantly allowed people who wanted a smaller DSLR and a Pentax lens collection to have a nice option. Problem for me was the lens prices lately and the lack of smaller lenses. Photos make it look fairly small in comparison but when you compare it to something like a GF3 (my favorite portable camera), it's rather chunky. We're talking full-size SLR lenses rather than the fun, tiny primes we are seeing from Oly and Panasonic. Nothing against the image quality in the K01 (same sensor as the acclaimed K5, right?), but overall I think it's too close in size to a DSLR. Just my opinion, anyway.

The yellow one does match one of my favorite Polo shirts, though!

-Collin-

Pentax has DA Ltd series of small pancake primes that are hand-tailored for K-01. New XS 40 mm pancake is probably the smallest pancake lens, period. Focus peaking is incredible allowing effortless use of great old manual lenses. Size-wise, it is smaller than GH2 ( http://camerasize.com/compare/#166,285 ). Ergonomics are really good. You can't judge by looks, you need to handle it. Speaking of looks, I personally like the design. Bottom line: I bought one. Now I have E-P2 with 20mm (my travel cam), GH2 (video) and K-01 (for all my Pentax lenses). Like them all. K-01 also allows full manual video, although not to the same extent as GH2 but much better than most DSLRs.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,

Igelfeld

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow