I sent my Fuji back :-(

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
RealXenuis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152Gear list
Like?
Re: OMG what have I done - the world is spinning out of control
In reply to gava, May 4, 2012

gava wrote:

Any question of human conduct where there is interaction with others is a moral question.

This is not a question of discrediting anyone's intelligence. It is the definition of "moral". For goodness' sake look it up in any dictionary or book on moral philosophy.

"morĀ·al - adjective

1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct"

As it happens I personally do not think you did anything wrong - chiefly because you and Amazon freely and both of sound mind entered into a commercial agreement. You operated perfectly within the letter of that agreement....

However, by actively using the camera for a full 21 days before returning it you must recognise that either Amazon or Fuji will have suffered a financial loss in this particular transaction.

Will they? Define that.

Clearly some people felt that you crossed a "fair use" line. Without necessarily agreeing with them I found it very interesting to see the responses that your post raised.

And just as clearly, many thought he didn't.

It is perfrectly likely that Amazon evaluate their returns policy as analagous to marketing or advertising expenditure. Overall it works for them, and that is fine.

If all of their customers did this a lot then the policy would become too expensive and collapse, but not all do, and you yourself have never done it before. Clearly Amazon do track this sort of thing, and if they feel the policy is abused, will not accept returns from specific individuals. Most likely they have sophisticated algorithms to decide these things.

That's conjecture. You don't know what their profit margins are any more than I do, right? This is conjecture. Perhaps they could absorb EVERYONE buying the returning, as long as they still sold them as used. I think it's more pertinent to understand just how long they've had this generous policy, and how well they are doing financially. They seem to be doing just fine thus far.

Once again please let me make clear it was never my intention to attack you, merely to comment on a range of responses that I found interesting.

Regards,
Craig
--
X100 Blog => http://peri.org.uk/wp/?cat=16

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow