I sent my Fuji back :-(

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
RealXenuis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152Gear list
Like?
Re: Return Policy: Totally Fine
In reply to jwalker019, May 4, 2012

You're both wrong. Amazon is right. If you have a problem, it's with them. Don't blame others. You're mixing your meats.

jwalker019 wrote:

Jeff Seltzer wrote:

It's like beating a dead hourse here. The OP (and others) are simply following the policy set forth by Amazon. If the policy didn't work, they would end it. There simply is NO EVIDENCE that anyone looses with this policy.

1. Consumers buy with confidence
2. Amazon benefits because they sell more (do you own this stock??!)
3. If product is returned, somone can buy for lower cost (warehouse)

The OP purchased from Amazon because he knew if he didn't like it, he coudl return it. Amazon is willing to take that risk, so why should YOU care? No one is getting duped or mislead. No one is getting used goods sold as new. No one is loosing money. Why is that so hard to understand???

There are so many other retailers that have similiar return policies (Costco, Nordstrom, Bed, Bath & Beyond, even....APPPLE!). They all establishes these policies because they help the bottom line and return shareholder value. I just don't see the downside. Why would they have this policy if it didn't work??

OBVIOUSLY if someone abuses the system in some way, that's wrong. And, as others have ponted out, Amazon can cancel accounts (though it's not clear what triggers this - it's not simply multiple returns). But, just because a system has the POTENTIAL for abuse doesn't mean the system itself is bad.

No one is saying the system is bad - we are saying that people who abuse the system are bad. And I agree with gava 100%.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow