Question for Ipod/Apple aficionados

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Collett
Senior MemberPosts: 4,891
Like?
Re: Question for Ipod/Apple aficionados
In reply to Roger99, May 4, 2012

I use a PC, just use Apple for the Ipods. See below - got it solved thanks to a suggestion by Morris.

Roger99 wrote:

Do you have a friend with a PC? I helped the kid of a friend of mine a while back with a similar issue and eventually got the library to go back in the other direction. Don't remember exactly what I did sorry but it did work with the iTunes software. Apple is so fiddly with this kind of DRM stuff. It's not as though you are trying to rip them off or anything. Give me my Walkman any day.

Collett wrote:

OK here is the deal. I had to wipe the hard drive on my wife's laptop some time back because of a virus. Unfortunately, I did not back up her Itunes library prior to the computer melt down and the only place all her songs are located is on her Ipod.

As far as I know, Apple does not permit one to transfer or upload their music library from an Ipod onto a computer that is registered as a new one (because of the hard drive wipe). Am I missing something or is there a way to do this, e.g. through third party software?
--
Jim

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow