Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
W.C. Green
Regular MemberPosts: 400
Like?
The E-M5 may bring me back to OLY
May 4, 2012

My first camera was an OM-1 back around 1979, I believe. Then an OM-PC added to it in the '80s. The E-10, the E-20, the E-1 and then the E-3. Had massive problems with focusing on the E-3 and OLY never could get it to work well with my 35-100mm... missed focus on about 80% of my headshots. So, moved to the D700 which I loved, but was a BRICK! Eventually had to slim my bag down due to family finances, and got the D7000. Like it, but focus issues there too. I have missed that OLY feel... that Solid build and the JPG engine, and the glass. I am looking to build a new headshot gear setup and leaning very strongly to the E-M5 with the new 75mm 1.8 that's coming out. From what I have seen, this camera does VERY well with noise and images are every bit as good as the D7000 was. Depth of field is a slight issue, but if they keep making these bright lenses, then I will probably go back to my first love!

-- hide signature --

'Talent does what it can. Genius does what it must.'

Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow