Who went from 7D to 5D MIII?

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
S Hoekstra
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: Who went from 7D to 5D MIII?
In reply to billorg, May 4, 2012

Hello Bill,

I also had a 7D which i sold to a friend about 6 weeks ago and now i'm still waiting for my 5DMK3 and battery grip. It's nice to read what your experiance is till now with the FF.

I recognized the same things you said about higher iso.

I only wonder how the 5d wil handle my 2 Carl Zeiss lenses.

I'll hope you will have lots of fun with your MK3. Make many nice pictures.

greatings Sikko

billorg wrote:

Just wondering if this is a large proportion of people or not. I went from the 7D to 5d MIII and the transition was pretty seamless - I got used to the magnify button being moved pretty quickly. I get a much higher percentage of keepers with the 5D MIII (like 100%!) as far as focus, they have a pop that the 7d pics never had and high ISO noise is SO MUCH BETTER!! I can shoot at 12800 and not worry at all.

To me, a camera does not have to have huge amounts of bells and whistles to be a great tool. It does not have to be the biggest and newest because this always comes with a tradeoff - and rarely is it a simple tradeoff. Maybe these days it's boring for people to just take reliable, consistent pictures, but a camera that just ALWAYS GETS THE SHOT is much appreciated by me. So while some may find the 5D MIII lacking in excitement, it's because it didn't have far to go to become a camera that takes stunning pictures as it had great leading-edge lineage that preceeded it. Great job!

Bill

Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow