Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
billorg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093
Like?
Who went from 7D to 5D MIII?
May 4, 2012

Just wondering if this is a large proportion of people or not. I went from the 7D to 5d MIII and the transition was pretty seamless - I got used to the magnify button being moved pretty quickly. I get a much higher percentage of keepers with the 5D MIII (like 100%!) as far as focus, they have a pop that the 7d pics never had and high ISO noise is SO MUCH BETTER!! I can shoot at 12800 and not worry at all.

To me, a camera does not have to have huge amounts of bells and whistles to be a great tool. It does not have to be the biggest and newest because this always comes with a tradeoff - and rarely is it a simple tradeoff. Maybe these days it's boring for people to just take reliable, consistent pictures, but a camera that just ALWAYS GETS THE SHOT is much appreciated by me. So while some may find the 5D MIII lacking in excitement, it's because it didn't have far to go to become a camera that takes stunning pictures as it had great leading-edge lineage that preceeded it. Great job!

Bill

Bill

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow