ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pauls Pixels
Senior MemberPosts: 1,073Gear list
Like?
LX5 - A Compass, a Harp & a Spirit Level
May 4, 2012

Hi there,

Went out yesterday and searched for some black velvet. Picked up some cheap, synthetic stuff and used it to line a cardboard box in which I cut a small hole to take the LX5 lens. Here are the first few attempts at photographing some bits & pieces that I had lying around.

All manually focused using diffused window light as a source of illumination, and I was experimenting with wide apertures to focus on particular parts of the subject.

My own comments are that the synthetic 'velvet' is a bit shiny (the search for something more absorbent of light will have to continue) and that I should have spent a bit more time dusting these items!

Compass [AP, ISO 80, F3.5, Shutter Speed 8 secs, -0.0 EV]

Blues Harp [AP, ISO 80, F3.5, Shutter Speed 3.2 secs, -0.3 EV]

The Spirit Level [AP, ISO 80, F2.0, Shutter Speed 0.5 secs, -0.3 EV]

Used the clone tool in PSE to tidy up the shiny velvet on this one. Might try moving the whole contraption a bit farther from the window to see if I can calm down the light reflecting off the cheap velvet. Mmmm, back to the drawing board - all tips welcome...!

The things you have to do to keep this Irish skin out of the noonday sun.....

Thanks for looking!

Paul
--
Paul
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauls_pixels/sets/

Pauls Pixels's gear list:Pauls Pixels's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow