F770EXR ... stunning reach ... this blew my mind ...

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Britney Elvis
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,706
Like?
I thought Amazon owned DPR
In reply to Stephen 06, May 4, 2012

Stephen 06 wrote:

Tom Arto wrote:

Quite obviously Kim's blog and the KTF cost money to run. You get both free and I benefit from them.

Agreed. Nobody is disputing that.

But I don't think he devouts vast amounts of his time and money at a loss just so that you can benefit for free.

But that is not even the issue here. Even if he was doing it at a loss and for the sake of humanity... he is still bang out of order IMO trying to tease people over to his blog so that you can get the whole story of a sneak preview here. Why? Because he is linking to a website that has commercial advertising (Amazon) on his blog. And the forum rules states:

"Commercial website linking or advertising is not allowed, if you wish to advertise on the site please contact us. This rule includes webmasters of other digital photography websites promoting themselves on the forum. You will be banned and have all of your messages removed."

BTW....there are DPR rules...not mine. And it is clear that Kim is in breach IMO. Personally, I don't mind if a guy has a signature that links to his blog. What I find frustrating is when (not just Kim) people give a sneak preview to a story here as a teaser to visit their blog when the whole story could be posted here.

-- hide signature --

Stephen

Why would Amazon care if Kim links to a blog where 'they' advertise? I am a bit confused by all the fuss here.

-- hide signature --

"It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them."
Pierre Beaumarchais~~

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yawnNew
lolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow