choosing the A57 or waiting for A37 (or even a67)

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,085Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing the A57 or waiting for A37 (or even a67)
In reply to unravel, May 4, 2012

unravel wrote:

Tissi wrote:

Thanks for your advise. It's true you can wait and wait or start enjoy shooting.. But if the difference in performance is very small, I think it would be worth it to wait for just one month - as it better fits my wallet.

theres no indication however that its just a month, i was kind of in the same boat waiting for a better thing and aimed for the a57. The wait was terrible!

+1. Even if it is announced with in a month, it maybe more than a month away before it's even available. This is easier said than done but: "Pay once, cry once". I'd put a few more bucks into something better ; almost always it pays off.

I would personally pick the a57 again in a heartbeat just due to the body size, i like to have my hand comfortable on the camera and my pinky to be on the body (and i have small hands). This didnt happen with a35 or a55. You said youd like to do some macro work, well if youre doing any of it handheld the ergonomics really play into it, focus peaking can take some time to get the shot you really want and you want to be as steady as possible and to reduce fatigue on your hands. Thats just my opinion though, im sure when a37 comes out it wont be that much cheaper than a57 is now and i would say having a camera now and taking pictures is worth the $100-200 price difference especially since theres no official release date yet. just my 2 cents

+1. OP, you would do well to take unravel's advise here.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow