Critique My Kit

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Weathered Junior Member • Posts: 46
Critique My Kit

So, I've decided that I'm jumping from Nikon to Canon. Looking to pick up a 5D2 today, and want to complement it with some lenses.

I like to shoot landscapes and portraits, and am looking to get into more live band work. My most used lenses on my D300 are the 60/2.8 Micro and Tokina 11-16. Being that I'm moving full frame, I want quality on the wide end and light gathering on the long end.

Thinking of buying the 17-40L and 24-105L, and adding the 85/1.8 and 50/1.4 for low light/more DOF.

Eventually, I expect to add the 135L and possibly 100L Macro, but those will be bought as need arises or budget allows. Trying to make the switch as close to cost-neutral as I can while not cheaping out on lenses. Any substitutions I should consider? Being that cost is a factor, the 24-70L is out right now, plus I spend so little time in that range that I'd rather invest in either a better WA or the 135L.

Weathered's gear list:Weathered's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow