Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Weathered
Junior MemberPosts: 46Gear list
Like?
Critique My Kit
May 4, 2012

So, I've decided that I'm jumping from Nikon to Canon. Looking to pick up a 5D2 today, and want to complement it with some lenses.

I like to shoot landscapes and portraits, and am looking to get into more live band work. My most used lenses on my D300 are the 60/2.8 Micro and Tokina 11-16. Being that I'm moving full frame, I want quality on the wide end and light gathering on the long end.

Thinking of buying the 17-40L and 24-105L, and adding the 85/1.8 and 50/1.4 for low light/more DOF.

Eventually, I expect to add the 135L and possibly 100L Macro, but those will be bought as need arises or budget allows. Trying to make the switch as close to cost-neutral as I can while not cheaping out on lenses. Any substitutions I should consider? Being that cost is a factor, the 24-70L is out right now, plus I spend so little time in that range that I'd rather invest in either a better WA or the 135L.

Weathered's gear list:Weathered's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow