How to download G1x movies to a Mac

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
krugman
Contributing MemberPosts: 830Gear list
Like?
Re: How to download G1x movies to a Mac
In reply to nolten, May 4, 2012

nolten wrote:

I just use the USB cable that came with the camera and let image capture download both videos and stills to a file.

That is what I always do. I use the USB cable. It worked for me with the Canon 230 sx and with the Canon g12, downloading still photos and movies easily, directly into iphoto.

With the G1x, this procedure works fine if there are no movies involved; if there are still images and movies also, the Mac refuses the download. I then have to shut down the computer, go into the camera, delete the movie, and then I can download the still images.

I have never tried doing it by putting my SD card in the bay on my Mac. From what one of the respondents to this thread said, this will work to download the movies to itunes. I didn't know iTunes accepted movies. I would prefer to have the the movies in iPhoto of course adjacent to the still images.

Also I don't know if the SD card procedure downloads the stills to iPhoto while it is downloading he movies to iTunes.

IL am still confused about all this.

But I appreciate your interest and help.

Krugman

krugman's gear list:krugman's gear list
Kodak Pixpro S-1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow