OM-D: Post DPReview Review- NOW how does it compare to the X-Pro1?

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
TEBnewyork
Forum ProPosts: 11,185
Like?
Re: Two different styles
In reply to rrr_hhh, May 4, 2012

Need to see it in person.

1. you have control over the info you see. So you simply turn on or off info. When in OVF mode, I show A, S,ISO, histogram and level. I add distance in MF. So, don't forget this is Very different than DSLR where you can't have a live histogram in the viewfinder. The camera automatically changes the frame lines for different focal lengths.

EVF - I leave it simple non cluttered info as well.

Switching fro OVF to EVF is simply moving a lever that is like the little lever on a Leica where you would change the frame lines in the viewfinder.

No -you would not use OVF and legacy lenses unless using zone focus. It doesn't work like a range finder patch.

Definitely not for everyone. For me amazing to have both. I love optical, know they have limitations with close focus and long. This gives me optical and doesn't preclude macro or long.

rrr_hhh wrote:

Well what I have read concerning the hybrid VF is not that good, but I have yet to see one in person in my retired corner of the mountains. Personnally I appreciate to see what is really framed in the VF (DSLRs) and/or getting a lot of info (EVF). On RF I like the split screen I had on the Olympus XA for focusing, or the brightness of my M6, but I don't think the Fuji offers any of that ? Or does it ? the reviews are not so positive on this VF and I think you said yourself the XPro wasn't good to use for MF with legacy lenses.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow