ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,608Gear list
Like?
Tamron is phasing out Pentax bayonet
May 4, 2012

Hi,
Further to my thread "Problems with AF Tamron 17-50mm on K5/K20" !

First,thanks to those who provided their findings and to all others who replied also,the final score was,out of 6 replies from those who had actually done the test,4 had found the same problem (see the thread),others lent their personal experiences good or bad about the lens.

Well "NIKKEN Techno France"(who service Tamron, Casio and Panasonic) finally found a pentax body to try the test out on the above lens, and told me that they found nothing particularly unusual in that sometimes the AF point can change with a chosen aperture etc.they were fairly vague and went on to say that the Pentax mount had given them more than their share of problems and this is why Tamron are stopping producing the Pentax mount with future models,and maybe even winding down their existing range.

So where does that leave us Pentax owners? Well,with a few existing Tamron lenses that may or may not be phased out and "no" new Tamrons on the horizon for Pentax that leaves Sigma who seem to be still bringing out new lenses (thankfully) and of course the Pentax range which have been for many models, subject to significant price rises. To loose a large third party manufacturer for Pentaxians is a worry to say the least. Nikon/Canon are spoilt for choice!

I will live with the Tamron for the moment not stopping down more than F5 or use LV at close distances until I find another lens.
--
Dave's clich├ęs

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow