A77 Raw vs JPG score

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
unravel
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
Re: I'm confused...JPEG better than the RAW files?
In reply to MaxIso, May 4, 2012

Thank you, i definitely will. Some of my shots that i really liked sometimes felt like they lacked a little dynamic range and even sharpness.. i feel like this might help!

MaxIso wrote:

unravel wrote:

thats a very nice test up above

i just got back into dslr photography and would really like to start shooting raw, i feel that my jpegs do at times lack something and this just might be it

you said its from a simple conversion in photoshop, and this is a complete noob question but..

how do you ensure you dont overadjust, is there some way to kind of batch convert from raw? What would you suggest for someone never touching raw before as a starting point

i guess to further answer this for u, a lot of people dislike PP and im actually one of them. at first i shot only jpeg bc i didnt want to mess with programs, but once i learned how fast and easy it is i decided to test the IQ and since ive never looked back. i cant speak for other programs, but with the above u dont have to change any sliders or settings if u dont want, just click save and it leaves everything at default.

easy, fast, and obvious IQ improvement. plus if u do happen to want some PP, u have more freedom with the raws due to more information. good luck with it all, i cant recommend raws enough.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow