D40

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
eddyshoots
Senior MemberPosts: 2,174
Like?
Re: D40
In reply to Hudsonriver, May 4, 2012

Hudsonriver wrote:

I have a D5000 and the 18/105 vr lens that I got as a present so I want to sell my D40 with both kit lenes and manual in perfect condition in original boxes with receipts of purchase and the rubber housing I bought at the time.
Would anyone reccomend a place to sell it.

I want to buy a mirrorless m4/3 in its place or should I try to swap, I would appreciate any advice...Thanks...Jeff

I buy and sell nearly all of my equipment on craigslist and kijiji. Like a cheap hooker, I like to have cash in hand before I give up my goodies.

I usually will just arrange a meeting at a mutually convenient coffee shop. I've had nothing but good luck with the people I actually meet. I'll usually buy the coffee and we can have a photography chat while they test the gear, I'll give them some pointers if they are new to photography. I've had only one no show. One problem with these sites is the amount of ridiculous emails you get...you have to filter through a lot of crap before you find a decent buyer. You will see innocent yet stupid questions, "will this Nikon lens fit on my Canon camera?", and you will get outright scam artists, "Will you ship this camera to my brother serving in the Nigerian army?". Once you weed out the aforementioned crap, no problems.

I don't like selling on ebay as the prices I've gotten have been quite low. I have a 100% rating but relatively few transactions, I think that is partially the reason. I don't like selling to dealers because their offers are often really low compared to what you can get on the open market....they have to make a profit obviously.

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D40New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow