I sent my Fuji back :-(

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
RealXenuis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152Gear list
Like?
Re: Oh, the irony...
In reply to chooflaki, May 4, 2012

If you'd more carefully read the thread, you'd have noticed that some members have no way to try out cameras such as the XP1 locally. Not that they'd need that excuse to buy something, try it, not like it, then return it. If that were a problem with Amazon, they'd not allow it. Whether you think that's "wrong" (and why would it be?) is btwn you and Amazon, not the customer. The position you're arguing has no need of your defense. Amazon, as of this moment, is not complaining. It's customers are not complaining. Who are you defending? It's sincerely confusing.

If you don't agree with trying things out and sending them back, then don't. SOLVED! Yay! We're all happy.

Are you trying to convince everyone else NOT to use Amazon's return policy? Why would you possibly bother to care? And please don't call me "whippersnapper" or anything like that.

chooflaki wrote:

Jeff Seltzer wrote:

I wish my company had Amazon's "problems." Can you really not see the big picture here? Amazon sets its own return policies. I purchase thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Amazon because they have such a great return policy. Do a little research of your own on the most successful retailers, and then tell me which one of the top 10 has a return policy of "buy at your own risk."

chooflaki wrote:

if people can't work out what they need or want when making a major investment then that's their problem and not the retailers. Retailers have to be accommodating to all customers. Getting the card swipe is their first priority.

I am a big Amazon customer too. I have spent thousands on photographic paper, several hundred DVD's, camera accessories, books, CD's etc with only a few returns for damaged goods. For my untried expensive purchases like new printers, lenses and cameras I go straight to a reputable retailer and try out what I am interested in even though I pay a little more

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow