Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brad Durack
Contributing MemberPosts: 766
Like?
why 5d3 disappoints a 1d4 photographer
May 4, 2012

I have been waiting years for the 5d3... as a very happy owner of the 5d classic, i resisted upgrading to mkii.

In the meantime i needed to upgrade and my only option was a 5d2, which was years into its cycle at the time.

The 1dmkiv was an obvious choice, and for its purpose it has been an outstanding camera... BUT its not full frame.

My gripe is, as a 1dmkiv owner, the 5d3 just doesn't offer the improvement that camera technology now allows. IMO the 1dmkiv and 5dmk3 are too similar, they just don't compliment each other.

Am i the only photographer who wants a high res full frame body to use in studio or as landscape option for wide format printing?

Never have I seen so many nikon posts in this forum, there is a good reason for it. The d800, as a photographer that is what i want, if it had a canon lens mount on it it is the perfect compliment to a 1div. and even to the 1dx for that matter.

As i see it, given the 1dmkiv already offers the auto focus and frame rate, surely there is a market for a FF high res body, that is IQ king for full frame, just like the 5d classic was origianlly

IMO the 5d3 does nothing other than show how good the 5d classic was with regards to improving technology.

-- hide signature --

Brad Durack . Photographer

http://www.braddurack.com

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow