Opinions on Epson R3000

Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
victorian squid
Senior MemberPosts: 1,871Gear list
Like?
Forgot all about this thread and lost it!
In reply to paulbysea, May 3, 2012

Still love the printer. It can sit a month (and does) and then do a heavy print load without skipping a beat - or going through a cleaning cycle.

As mentioned - there are a LOT of settings. They're everywhere. If printing from photoshop, double it. When printing, after making changes, double check settings because sometimes changing one can cause another to revert. It's confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it. If there's a type of printing you do often, save the profile.

Another tip - if you do change between media types - be sure to batch your print types together. Changing from Matte black to photo black wastes toner. Not much, but some. You can use the economy setting for Matte, which helps a little.

I mention that because I print my photos (glossy) and my Wife's art (matte on watercolor or other fine-art paper) so I go back and forth a lot. It never fails as soon as I print one photo, my Wife needs some artwork printed!

Be sure to check all the sample packs available from the manufacturers, and ask here - lots of people like lots of different brands. Some are downright gorgeous. Many of the manufacturers have fantastic support for Epson - better than Epson!

Good luck, you'll enjoy the printer!

victorian squid's gear list:victorian squid's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow