Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dodgyexposure
Regular MemberPosts: 238Gear list
Like?
70-200 - f4 v f2.8 in action
May 3, 2012

There is a lot of discussion about the 4 Canon 70-200 versions - I don't want to start another one of those general technical comparison discussions.

I'm interested in hearing from people who have, or had, one or more of the versions, and, specifically, the differences between them in action. For example, there is obviously a difference in the low light ability between the f2.8 and the f4, but how much of a real issue is this with these lenses? I'm guessing, given the number of posters who started with the f4 but moved to the f2.8, that this is an issue for at least some shooters, but generally?

To start things off:

1. In what situation would you take one lens with you, and leave another at home (i.e. pre shoot planning)?;

2. Did you have a situation where you couldn't get a shot with one lens, but could with another (i.e. actual limitation of the lens)?

Thanks in advance

dodgyexposure's gear list:dodgyexposure's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-2 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow