I Rented One to Compare -Part 1

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,423Gear list
Like?
Opps
In reply to RichardTrueman, May 3, 2012

EDIT

Oh darn I just realized your comparing old 5D2 not 5D3 forget focus test of course.

If you do happen to rent a 5D3 maybe you could still do focus test just get the light level real low and measure amount of light. Then test how many are in focus on D800 and redo if you rent or buy 5D3.

Glad your doing the side by side comparison, thanks.

Not sure how you would compare focus systems. Maybe inside with a dimmer switch on lights you can slowly lower light until real low and see not only which can focus to the lowest light level but is the focus ACCURATE? just because it locks doesn't mean its in focus. Maybe lower light down to just about were both cameras just lock then do 10 shots each camera and see how many are actually in focus.

Then for servo/continuous focus mode maybe shoot moving cars on road and see how many each camera has in focus wide open. But I guess lens focus speed would play a large roll in that. But at least the first way could be done fairly easily.

Not sure how much difference your going to see at the size print you said you were going to use on your 3800 printer but maybe simulate a larger print of say 20 by 30 or 24 by 36 .

Thanks.

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
OppsNew
MikeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow