Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adjuster
Contributing MemberPosts: 886Gear list
Like?
Battery life with OM-D
May 3, 2012

I went out on a photo shoot this morning with my OM-D and 40-150 lens to photo birds near Hilton Head, South Carolina. Charged up the battery and took my EPL-3 as backup because I only have one battery and was concerned that it would not last long.

I really can't believe it but I ended up with 1,467 photos over a 3 hour period. Camera and battery was going strong at the end. Most of the photos were in 5 shot bursts, aperture preferred, all viewed with the EVF, and I did not shut off the LCD monitor. 247 shots were with a Kingston 16gb class 10 120 card. The rest of the shots were with a Lexar 32gb class 10 600x card.

Since I was in a moving boat, I was constantly pressing the shutter half-way to refocus.

I kept waiting for the battery to die, but it refused to do so. Before today's shoot, I had recharged the battery several times and never let it thoroughly discharge.

This is one person's experience so take it for what it's worth.

Adjuster's gear list:Adjuster's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow