How Canon's competition missed the mark, can we discuss this?

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stone13
Regular MemberPosts: 201
Like?
Re: How Canon's competition missed the mark, can we discuss this?
In reply to bobn2, May 3, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

Stone13 wrote:

Nikon is obviously making an aggressive play to dethrone Canon and snatch up a considerable amount of it's market share this time around. My question is: was the D800 the right camera to do this, I'm of the opinion that it was not the right camera to steal any significant market share from Canon.

I think the sales of the D800 are showing that Nikon had a better grip on the market than you do.
--
Bob

Bob,

The D800 was always going to sell, I'm sorry but you cannot convince me that it wasn't. It's replacing a 4year old camera and offers features over and above the camera it replaces. The 5DIII was ALSO always going to sell, for the same reason.

I never said I had any type of grip on the market, this topic was my opinion on the situation, are we not even allowed to speculate here? Many have respectfully disagreed with my opinion, which is the purpose of "healthy debate". Or do you prefer the carnage that we normally have here?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow