The pleasure of the right tool (digital Canonet)

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin Ocando
Senior MemberPosts: 2,550Gear list
Like?
Re: The pleasure of the right tool (digital Canonet)
In reply to drusus, May 3, 2012

You have no idea how much I identify myself with your post. I have been taking pictures with SLRs back in the 70s, from a Nikon FE circa 1978, then N6006, N80, F100, then entered the digital era with a Canon Digital Rebel, Pentax K10D and back to Canon T3i and 60D, sold just a couple of months ago. And just now I rediscovered a whole new way of taking images that I never knew was there. I also got a great leather case for my G3. I got the brown one that fits nicely with my Red G3, and a leather handstrap. Now, my camera became second nature to me. I go everywhere, and I mean everywhere with my camera in my waist bag. I charge the battery almost as often as I charge my Blackberry.

Having said that, the format apparently stopped me from wasting photos (or shutter actuations, to be realistic). It slowed me down. I don't know how that happened, but since my camera is so small, unobtrusive and blends in so easily, I can take the time to really watch, look around for the right place, the right composition, the right time and shoot. I don't feel the pressure of people watching me taking pictures. I just take them, and they live their lives as normal.

My G3 is fitted with my 20mm f:1.7 all the time, not much different that your GF1, or the Canonet. I also have the 14-42 and 45-200mm, but they don't get much use. No more than the 20, as a matter of fact.

Great to find someone sharing almost exactly the same photographic experience.

-- hide signature --

Martin Ocando
-------------------------

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow