more F770 examples

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,784Gear list
Like?
CAcreeks
In reply to CAcreeks, May 3, 2012

yup that was one of the better ones that day. The light was not perfect but then when is it ever.

I am searching to see if I can get tack sharp shots from the cam ..so far its looking like the longer end is not going to give that. As I think I have posted other places, ..the only place so far that I have found acceptable sharpness (in pd's world) from the cam, is in shooting things closer to your self ..say withing 50 feet, and best if you can zoom in on the object, and the absolute sharpest as per all p&s ..is found in macro up close and personal. I have yet to see is pin point sharpness, though, even in macro mode. Fine hair or feather detail to this point has been illusive ..but I shall battle on. Maybe its there and I have not found it yet.

On the complete flip of this ..one of the advantages I have never mentioned here of using a P&S is being able to embrace and use it weaknesses both photographically and artistically. For instance in this shot I was playing with the fuzziness to create a softer photo ..which is appealing to me ..though we are not fully there yet so to speak ..
" embracing the fuzz"

This one is a sever crop from a wide angle shot ..It also has potential photographically ..but as an artist, it is suggestive, and could be a great jumping off point for an impressionistic stab at such a subject ..The p&s helps show that possibility:

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow