D90 in India

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
andrbar
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,566Gear list
Like?
Re: Ajay...
In reply to Navmark77, May 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind and useful comments.
This second image was difficult.

We stopped with our bus to admire the tea plantations, when I discovered this small temple in the distance.
It was shot with the P7100 at full zoom (200mm).

It was a bit overexposed, and I corrected that it post processing, maybe not enough, I dont know. There was also some haze, and I tried to correct it too.

I wanted also to keep the contrast between the grass (it's tea) in the foreground (with its bright green), and the trees in the distance, which have a blue cast due to haze, that I like.
Regards
André

Navmark77 wrote:

Thank you for posting your excellent images. I like most of them exactly the way they are.

For the second image (in the hilly area), it looks like you might be able to have some fun playing with the color temperature and exposure -- perhaps a little warmer and a little underexposed? But then, I have never been to India so your treatment of that shot may be perfect and it's my eye that is off.

andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow