E-M5 or X-Pro1

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
highwave
Senior MemberPosts: 1,037Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 or X-Pro1
In reply to Inkheart, May 3, 2012

Inkheart wrote:

If you want best IQ and OVF, go for x-pro1.

If you want everything else (very good IQ, fast AF, portability, weatherproof body, great built quality, in body stabilization, lots of lenses to choose from), go for OM-D.
--
Inkheart

Best answer that sums it up really. Not much left after this post.

I guess if I could add one more thing it's the size. That X-Pro1 is really massive. The only thing compact about it is the way it looks. It ends there. It's even bigger than the FF M9.

And what's up with that silly OVF? I mean can't you just buy an external OVF that attaches to the hot shoe on pretty much any camera that has one?

And what's with this contradiction of bragging about the high ISO of the X-Pro1 when the OM-D IBIS totally defeats its purpose when you take into account the slow X-Pro1 autofocus (action photography is for hardcore X-Pro1 fanboys only).

And no matter how spectacular the X-Pro1 images are, in the end of the day it's a crop sensor camera. i.e. inferior to FF. No way of looking at it any other way. Fanboys screaming doesn't recreate reality.

Oh, look at me go, I guess I'm still wired after visiting other mirrorless forums.

OK I apologize.

After saying all this. In the end of the day, I have to admit, if I were choosing between the OM-D and the X-Pro1 and IQ is the first and foremost criteria and everything else is everything else, then with all sincere honesty, I have to admit, I would choose the Nikon D800. (You thought I was gonna say X-Pro1 didn't you?)

highwave's gear list:highwave's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow