D4 overhyped

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
vFunct
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
Re: D4 overhyped
In reply to corneaboy, May 3, 2012

I'm still not sure what the complaint is about?

Which editor of yours are complaining about resolution?

Editors care more about art direction than resolution. You need to get the shot, and those few extra FPS is everything in art direction.

I'd like to see one editor that would prefer a bad 24 megapixel shot over a perfectly timed 16 megapixel shot.. so tell us.

corneaboy wrote:

Ok I asked for it and got skewered.
First, let me thank all of you for keeping it civil.

I bought the D4 with my eyes open as to its specs and my crude testing methods support their claims. Sorry about the color temp being off, which I should have fixed but it didn't influence the noise results.

Its just that I have a sneaky suspicion that Nikon could have accomplished all those improvements and still given me 24 MP for that shot when I couldn't get as close as I wanted or when I otherwise needed the resolution. Maybe that would have required a second mode with a crop factor to get the speed up and the processing time down for when you don't need the higher resolution. It will be interesting to see if the D4x does that.

Actually, I also ordered a D800 as a second camera and then cancelled when I decided to wait for some feedback from the early adopters on the two models. I will most likely get it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow