Which photo sharing website?

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
SleeperSmith
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
Re: Which photo sharing website?
In reply to Michael McCarthy, May 3, 2012

Michael McCarthy wrote:

What are a few of the better FREE photo sharing/posting sites? High bandwith is prefferable of course. I just signed up with flickr but limited to 200 photos for free, and I don't like the layout too much.

Thanks

Whatever you do. Stay away from these two:

• Facebook : Compresses your photo to absolute utter trash with horrible jpeg artifacts.

• Flickr : Absolutely the worst viewing platform. Every time I view flickr with my 24" monitor, I cringe. Photos are displayed with 640px max on longest side. You click on original, and you are greeted 1/4th of the image in full 12mp. You use the slide show, you are greeted with a 960px image upsized IN BROWSER and get a blurry pile of crap. There's absolutely no way to view photos hosted on Flickr in 1920x1080 screen. Utter trash.

I vote picasa. All you need to do is sign in to Picasa with Gmail account, then sign into Google+ and you are entitled to upload images with 2000px on longest side for free. I uploaded probably a few hundred photos, and I barely used 10% of my free storage. Everyone who view my galleries enjoy full resolution on 1920x1080 screens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow