Just got the Canon TS-E 24mm f3.5L II. Now what?

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Apewithacamera
Senior MemberPosts: 2,139Gear list
Like?
Re: You're the one who bought it!
In reply to jayrandomer, May 3, 2012

jayrandomer wrote:

I would say go out and take lots of pretty landscape and building pictures, but it looks like you're already doing that. I don't quite know what you can do with it that you couldn't also do with the TS-E 17mm f/4L, albeit now with a little bit narrower field of view and just a bit wider open. You could get a polarizing filter on the 24mm much more easily, if that's something that interests you.

I am curious what the advantage of having both lenses or, more importantly, whether such advantages justify the added cost. I'm sure you or someone else with both lenses can offer some insight.

Thanks.

My goal with this lens (24mm ts-e) is to get into some filtration work with Lee Filters for my landscapes. The 17mm will still get its fair share of use when it is appropriate and when I really need that UW angle of view. That photo of that church taken with the 17mm is fully shifted and from where I stood the church simply towered over me.

Someday I'll get the 90mm ts-e I like having a good selection of focal lengths to choose from that's just me. I've got background experience working with view cameras that I enjoyed very much.

Here is a photo copy (courtesy 5D II) of a print I made years ago made with a Linhof 4x5 camera/90mm Schneider lens.

Someday I hope to go back inside this church and work with my TS-E lenses just for kicks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow