Any users of older Ricoh digicams?

Started Oct 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,088Gear list
Like?
Re: Any users of older Ricoh digicams?
In reply to schaki, May 3, 2012

The R2 already had the latest firmware so no need to upgrade it.

At least the copy of the zoom on the scuffed R2 which I bought inexpensively is merely OK. Not more. There is a slight bit of softness on the right and left side in some pictures. The default sharpness setting is on the high side so I experimented and used both normal and soft. I think soft give a better or more natural look for most of the time. I took it with me for a walk yesterday.

The AF seems to be slightly hit and miss at the tele end which is 135mm while it is rather consistent at the wide end.

The R2 are surprisingly quiet except for that lens cover which reminds me about the mirror-slap from my Nikon D1H. But no, I did not exactly buy this R2 hoping to find a silent camera or a keeper in general. I was just curious what the earlier R-models are like. These are little mentioned in this section. The R3 and R4 is more common because of the longer zoom which caught interest and also seemingly better image quality.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GRDINew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow