NEX5N image recording/deletion issue

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,032Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX5N image recording/deletion issue
In reply to ksarkar77, May 3, 2012

ksarkar77 wrote:

I am now more and more believing into that this is something to do with my camera then. But question still remains why 3 seconds to record? Even if I do a simple math, 16 mb image should not take more than 1.6 seconds on class 10 sd card(10 mb/seconds) which NEX5 is showing. But in case of NEX5N , it is taking 3 seconds!!!

While I do agree that your times do sound a bit long - I'd just warn you on your math above to make sure you're looking at the right figures - your 16MP camera doesn't necessarily produce a 16MB photo...check out your RAW files & JPG files to see what size they seem to max out at in MB in your files...that is the number you
want to use to calculate the transfer rate.

Mine seems to run around 1.5-2 seconds on record, and about .5 or so on delete, for the record, and in burst at 10fps, I can run 4 to 5 RAW before it slows up.

-- hide signature --
 zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow