E-M5 & and the evil strap lug - Episode V: Return of the mole...

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RStyga
Regular MemberPosts: 238Gear list
Like?
E-M5 & and the evil strap lug - Episode V: Return of the mole...
May 3, 2012

I handled for some time today the new E-M5 at a camera store; I checked the usual aspects of the camera including AF speed, menu system, and... ergonomics. And, while I was trying to ignore the issue, it kept popping up until, at the end of the session, it had left a red mark and indentation on the base of my index finger. The dαmned strap lug, and that retarded metallic-plastic triangle hanging from it, irritated the living lights out of my right hand; no matter what I tried I could not avoid it rubbing against my index finger, poking the crap out of it. Olympus had designed the E-4x0 series with the same flaw (that's four cameras) and, it seems, that no matter how much users nagged and complained, not only had it not moved any 'Olympians' but actually made them come back in full force with E-M5, maintaining that mole, in the newest and worst version of it so far...

Well done, Molempus; now, lets see how one can remove that freαking strap lug from the right side of the camera...

-- hide signature --

Regards,

RStyga's gear list:RStyga's gear list
Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Canon EOS 6D Olympus PEN E-P5 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow