Pentax K-01 studio samples posted

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
eenymac
Contributing MemberPosts: 904Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax K-01 studio samples posted
In reply to Richard Butler, May 3, 2012

I sometimes find it amusing, seeing all the negativity and arguments about new models, from people who don't own them and probably never will, based entirely on a set of test images on a forum. Some of the attacks are so vitriolic I imagine some nerdy type feverishly hammering away at the keyboard in the belief that the more harsh his words, the cleverer he appears.

To be honest, I put more faith in real word use and the impressions of actual owners, rather than relying on the fine detail of spec sheets and pixel peeping images at 200%. I mean, seriously, based on some of the arguments I see, they'd be trashing the great master artists too for obvious "brushmarks" and tonal anomalies in the materials used. I often wonder if some of the biggest detractors even own a camera at all, or even take photographs.

From what I have seen, the K-01 is a fine piece of work and produces the goods. I may not be a big fan of the looks (although it's growing on me) but I can see the appeal of it's output and use as a dedicated macro tool, which is what I'd probably use it for if I got one.

eenymac's gear list:eenymac's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow