I entered the Raven challenge: in one word, nevermore!

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 12,465Gear list
Like?
Re: I entered the Raven challenge: in one word, nevermore!
In reply to RaptorUK, May 3, 2012

RaptorUK wrote:

I must admit the OP example gobsmacked me. He / she is so right! What absolute relevance to the theme does a happy, social crowd snapshot in a cafe have? To a dark theme about the raven? It's totally bizarre!

THAT's what should be discussed! Surely saying more people should vote isn't the answer! if voters of the calibre that voted that cafe happy snap in are increased in number, what have we gained?

That depends on the agenda of the voters that voted for these images had . . . more votes from legitimate entrants will always make the situation better.

It may or it may not, depends on why the voters have voted the way they did, its not necessarily due to the small number of them. For example, the OP discusses one in particular which has a double Raven theme within one image. He quoted Poe related text that most people wouldn't be aware of, I certainly wasn't. With a greater knowledge of the subject comes an better ability to vote well. I suspect that most voters wouldn't have a clue about the sublties of Poe poetry.

Then there are the ones that did not have anything like a dark theme, I voted on a lot of challenges today and I give ones like that zero. Most people don't apear to be taking any care, I suspect that if we had more voters then it will be a greater number of careless voters, in other words no difference in the outcome.

You are right of course about not enough people voting, but I don't think that is relevant to the OP questions. Maybe there should be another thread running about lack of voters.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
O.T.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow