Broken USB port on 5DII, options for organized transfers using CF reader?

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Le Kilt
Senior MemberPosts: 1,662
Like?
DPP / W7
In reply to gglad, May 3, 2012

gglad wrote:

The USB port on my 5DII was damaged when the cord was yanked (tripped over!) while plugged into the body. So now I'm stuck having to use a CF reader to transfer images.

I found the EOS Utility doesn't seem to recognize just a CF card plugged into a reader. I then found ZoomBrowser EX will find/transfer images via the CF reader, but it just dumps them all at the root level of the Pictures folder. I looked for a preference to change this behavior but couldn't find one.

I want a behavior similar to 'transfer un-transferred images' I used to use with EOS Utility where new images were aromatically transfered and sorted into dated folders within the Pictures folder on the hard drive (PC).

Any ideas?

You can rename the photos in any folder with date and serial number in DPP (Tools, start Rename tool...). It won't put them into separate folders, but that's half the work done...

Windows 7 has a transfer utility that will sort them into different folders by date...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow