What lenses to take to the hospital for the birth of my first child

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
DeputyPhoto
Forum MemberPosts: 87
Like?
Re: What lenses to take to the hospital for the birth of my first child
In reply to sting, May 3, 2012

I don't want to turn this into a birth forum - but we had both ours in a UK NHS (yes, that awful national service) birth centre, with the same experience each time:

The room was like a relaxed bedroom, chairs, cushions, guest bed for dad if needed, very low ambient lighting, soft music on (both born at night) with just one midwife but hidden in the corner was all the medical equipment if needed and full emergency staff if required (they were not hiding in the corner though...).

As soon as they were born I held them within seconds of arriving (wife was too tired) and helped them latch on to feed, then I helped to clean, weigh them, watch the Apgar test process etc so yes, I was very much involved. I took pictures an hour or so later when she was cuddled in mums arms (ISO 6400 and slow shutter as still low soft light!).

So certainly not a classic hospital ward with strip lighting, lots of people in the way and noise etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow