Why I want an X Pro 1

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
CriticalI
Senior MemberPosts: 1,777
Like?
Re: Why I want an X Pro 1
In reply to dnercesian, May 3, 2012

dnercesian wrote:

Wow Ray and dzeanah, that was about the most comprehensive and thoroughly helpful feedback I could have ever hoped for. I owe you both dinner!

The learning curve is doing more in the way of attracting me than scaring me away actually. I'm a masochist like that I suppose. The end product on this camera just seems too good.

Here's something I've not considered. Flash. I have seen pictures of the unit for this camera and it seems like it is a bit less flexible than a dslr unit that can be bounced and the sort. I have read that the built in on the X100 is remarkable for fill flash and such. Any thoughts on the subject?

I have the little, cheaper EF20 flash and its fine. Compact and it bounces. There is also a larger EF42 (basically a Sunpak) flash and a non-bounce EFX20.

Note flash exposures on mirrorless cameras are generally far more accurate (metering directly off the sensor).

No, it does not support off camera TTL flash triggering and suchlike that you get with Canon and Nikon but you can radio triggers etc in manual mode.

As of now, it looks like I am going to buy an XP1. I may end up with 2 of them one day, but that is way down the line. I may start out renting one locally.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Steve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow