D800 and Adobe Photoshop speed

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 26,558Gear list
Like?
Re: Ahead of the curve
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, May 3, 2012

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

This is one part of the puzzle I just don't have to think about.

I build my own computer systems from scratch. This saves me money and gives me a better computer. Most computer companies put inferior parts in their computers to keep costs down. How inferior? You would be AMAZED at what the differences are.

Think of it like this: A cheap computer is like a point-n-shoot. A nicer computer is like a prosumer. The computer that's supposed to be a "pro" computer is really just entry-level. My computer runs laps around those computers, it's the D800 of computers. A great price for A LOT of machine.

So what am I sporting? i7, 12Gigs of Corsair's finest RAM, several terabytes of Western Digital BlackDrive, a Nvidia 480 Lightning (the only x80 with a display port for billion+ color capability), Asus MB, BluRay burner, an 850watt power supply that manages all my components with CLEAN power as opposed to the junk pretty much everyone has in their systems and it's DIRTY power. All of this is topped off with a Dell u3011 monitor.

However, I did not have the necessary lenses for my camera; so I'll be purchasing the 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 triad of perfection from Nikon. (well not really perfect, but as good as money can buy without primes... I cannot stand primes having come into photography in the digital age I NEED my zoom ability).

So I have to buck up for lenses. I suggest you buck up for a much better computer. 10 seconds would be like stabbing myself with a pencil over and over.

+1. Agree with you 100%. I have had my own computer built too and the speed increase is quite amazing. I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with the D800 files.

-- hide signature --

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

-- hide signature --
 Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow