Sony Zeiss 24mm f2 alpha vs f1.8 nex

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
OzK
OzK
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony Zeiss 24mm f2 alpha vs f1.8 nex
In reply to Papasha, May 3, 2012

This is exactly what I was looking for - thank you.

Based on your words I'll stock with the e-mount lens for now. It's arrived and I have to say at this moment in time it is already in my top 3 lenses of all time!

Your pictures are beautiful btw.... Great job.

Papasha wrote:

I have both and they are each great for their targeted bodies. One is a full frame, another one is built for the NEX and as such – is rather smaller. I use E-mount version with both NEX-5N and NEX-7 and it performs very well (see image below). I also have both EA-LA1 and EA-LA2 adapters and I did try NEX with full frame 24/2.0 Zeiss just for the heck of it, but I prefer having smaller E-mount version due to weight and size, and when I tried, I haven’t seen any significant differences in the output of a cropped image to warrant using the bigger glass. Granted, I am not crazy about countless hours of testing and pixel-peeping, though. The 24/2.0 turns into incredible beast on a full frame, but I use it for both A900 (full frame) and A55/A77 (cropped). I don’t know whether I would get 24/2.0 if I only stayed in cropped format – its real power is on a full frame I think…

-- hide signature --

Some of my older work: http://www.pbase.com/papasha

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow