Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Holloway
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,626Gear list
Like?
I sent my Fuji back :-(
May 3, 2012

This post is part therapy, part confession and all heart.

The UPS guy came round and picked up my X Pro 1 and 35/1.4. I was really sad.

So why the return. Amazon gives you 30 days to return a camera and I had a $2300 hole in my wallet for a camera that was not perfect - for me.

I have taken shots in the last 3 weeks that I love. In many ways i love this camera. IQ is number one, AWB, high ISO, color accuracy....

But here's my problem, I have a stack of Canon glass and bodies and a 5d2 with an L prime is not a slouch.

My main reason for returning it was not chatter, AF or the fact that one of the buttons was broken - though that did not help.

The lack of real MF, the jumping between EVF and OVF, the learning urve... combined with a feeling that this is a great system at its genesis. A sensor that is beyond reproach and a form factor that is a delight. In my humble opinion, Fuji has got many things right.

Then I look at what I shoot and the brutal fact is that a DSLR works for me.

I have zero interest in Oly's and Sony's with their EVFs. I'll stay here and wait to see what Fuji do over the coming months. of course there's always a camera rumored to be coming out on 5/10

Rob

Robert Holloway's gear list:Robert Holloway's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow