Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FarHagh
Regular MemberPosts: 451
Like?
Yet another Pentax FF thread
May 3, 2012

First off, I am not wishing or waiting for a Pentax FF (or 35mm as some like to say).

Then I hope this will not convert to one of never ending discussions about how much superior is/isn’t FF or why Pentax should/shouldn’t bring one out.

Now, I see lots of talks about the (probably) coming Pentax FF and especially after the recent rumor about Nikon D600 I see many talking about Pentax competing with it. However, what I don’t get is why on the earth most of the people believe that coming Pentax FF will be low cost? Looking at Pentax pricing these last years, it’s ages Pentax is not trying to take the market share by offering bang for the bucks.

Just if all the rumors come true I can understand Nikon offering a $2000 (shaved) FF body, while their highest APS-C is/was priced $1200. Now, the Pentaxians expect a WR rugged body with lots of features to be priced $1800 for example, while last high-end APS-C was offered initially at $1300 or $1500?

Nikon can come out with a plastic body low resolution FF body which misses a good bunch of D800 features. Lots of people still will buy it, and if they want more they must be ready to spend $3000 for the D800. I do not believe in a FF Pentax anything less than $2500, and for sure yet nothing in K-5 class. How many will happily buy it, while lots of old Pentaxians have already switched out is another story, but why some believe Pentax will offer a FF body for less than $2000?

p.s. I personally believe Pentax better to come with a MILC FF, but then again it’s another thing.

-+-+-+-
Farhad

Nikon D600 Nikon D800 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow