Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Kempf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,057
Like?
B&H Strategy and Tactics....
May 3, 2012

I am a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, just up the Hudson river from B&H. Perhaps you have heard of it. I am a past commander of troops in both wartime and peace. I own my own corporation. As such, I have had some experience in dealing with organizational matters. In military parlance, from my perspective, tactically B&H seems to be succeeding in its objective to deny pertinent information to competitors. Strategically, however, it appears B&H is failing to recognize that satisfaction of its customer base should be, first and foremost, the most important aspect of its business. Henry, and any other B&H executives that read this forum, B&H is losing this war. If reaction of B&H customers that frequent this forum is a valid indicator, and I think it is, B&H is losing customers as a result of the present D800/E debacle. Adherence to 20th century policy in a 21st century environment is partially to blame. The old ways of doing business are gone. There are some very intelligent and well thought out ideas articulated by members of this forum. B&H would be well advised to pay attention.
--
Homepage:
http://www.pbase.com/mkempf

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow