A200 tired of post processing getting

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dave Oddie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,843
Like?
Re: A200 tired of post processing getting
In reply to EvilOne, May 3, 2012

EvilOne wrote:

A little touch up here and there is ideal.

That is exactly what I was referring to. For example I find I don't have to crop many images because I have done a good enough job in the viewfinder (and the nice big EVF of the A77 makes this an even better experience). I don't know about you but I look at every image I shoot and I will end up deleting the poor ones and thinking if any of the others need any attention. Some do, some don't. I consider this process in itself "post processing" whether I end up changing an image or not. LR makes this easy.

I also don't like applying default processing to a batch of images such as sharpening (and virtually all dslr images need some of that). Likewise given the shots will be taken at different ISO's some may need noise reduction and others may not.

None of this is influenced by ones photographic skills (or lack of them).

And of course if I shoot RAW then post processing is always required. LR makes shooting RAW much easier as well. I am not sure ofmy skills in processing RAW's so I still shoot a mixture of RAW and jpegs but without LR I would probably (as I did in the past) shoot RAW very,very rarely.

So yes, I think a good program like LR can encourage you to post process your images which was the point I was making to the O/P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow