Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jefftan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,112
Like?
Which RAW converter to use for NEX?
May 2, 2012

I have used Sony Image Data Converter and DXO Optics pro and not happy with both

Sony program has no lens correction for my 5N RAW and DXO Optics Pro I just don't like the output which is too bright and just not right in my eyes in terms of tone curve (I mean the balance of shadow and highlight). It is hard to explain buy I prefer out of camera JPEG of 5N with DRO Auto better than those from DXO Optics Pro

The reason I wish to do RAW is that I think there are too much noise reduction at ISO 100 which remove detail. I think and actually proof to be true with DXO Optics Pro is that if I turn noise reduction to zero for ISO 100/200 file, much sharper image will result and noise is not a problem at all

The RAW conversion program that I am aware of now is Adobe Camera RAW to be used with either Photoshop or Lightroom. I don't have either one and if I need to buy one out of these two, which one should I choose?

Any other good program (can be paid or free)?

Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow